29for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. Romans 11:29How has God gifted you?
- Are you able to pick up His Word, open it up and share it's truths with a class room of learners?
- Has God placed a melody in your heart that you can't help but sing that draws others straight into the throne room of God in worship?
- Do you do battle on your knees in prayer on behalf of others?
- Are you able to minister to those in need, to the "least of these"?
All who know Him have been gifted with:
- His grace - a favour we receive without any merit of our own.
- Faith - being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
- Knowledge - to know who He is and of His great love for us.
- Forgiveness - pardon of sin and eternal salvation.
- and so much more.
What is His call upon your life?
- We've all been called unto salvation. The choice is ours. The invitation has been given.
- We've all been called to be Missionaries - to go and tell - whether in our own neighborhoods, our workplace, our homes or around the world.
- We've all been called to be His hands, His feet, His voice as we be 'Jesus with skin on' to those He brings across our paths.
Have you ever thought of these gifts, His call as being irrevocable? The word irrevocable comes from the Greek word, 'ametamelētos'. It means,1) not repentant of, unregretted.
God's gifts and His call on your life are eternal, forever, never to be taken back. What LOVE! Even when we mess up. Even when we've failed. God doesn't look down on us from Heaven and snatch back His gifts of grace or forgiveness. He doesn't say, 'Because you have fallen, you can be of no use to me!' From the depths of my heart I thank Him for being a God of 2nd, 3rd and 999,999,999th chances. He never gives up on us. He never stops drawing us to Himself. He never stops loving us!
Only God can bring about 'a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.' Only GOD! He is a reverser of destiny!
How will you use your gifts in 2010? What is your calling?
Father I thank you for Your wonderful gifts of grace, knowledge, wisdom and forgiveness in my life. I think you that you have equipped me for ministry and placed a calling upon my life to share Your love with a world lost without You. My heart is open and my YES is already on the table as I seek out an opportunity to serve You in my community, outside of the local church. Here I am Lord, send me. Father, be glorified! In the sweet, sweet name of Jesus ~ Amen.