Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Passionate Pursuit

With the dawning of a new year I have awakened to find a wonderful gift that I could have so easily overlooked. What happened in 2008 will forever be logged in the history books for 2008; but 2009 is a brand new year full of hope and possibilities.

I've been working my way through "Stepping UP, a journey through the Psalms of Ascent" by Beth Moore. It has really challenged me to to take a look at my journey - where I've been, what I've experience (the good, the bad and the ugly). What I've found is that somewhere along the way I picked up some extra baggage. I hung onto some frustration, anger, a little grief, some sadness, disappointment, discouragement..., you get the picture. The last part of 2007 and most of 2008 was just downright difficult. In the end I found myself holding baggage that didn't belong to me, and yet I was carrying it with a pasted on smile. And I wonder why there was no joy in the journey.

No more! As I wrote in my journal yesterday, my hearts desire is best expressed by the words from a song, "I want to yearn for you. I want to burn with passion over you and only you". I have declared 2009 as the year of "Passionate Pursuit". I no longer want to live outside of the presence of God. I don't want to miss one single blessing that He has for me by living a life laden with baggage.

I want Him to:
Forgive me,
Abide in me,
Reign in me,
Cover me,
Show me,
Fill me,
Lead me,
Remember me,
Bless me!
I want my relationship with God to be intimate and loving and sweet again. I will no longer be satisfied with the lukewarm life. I want to live in the light of His glory. I want to feel His favour once again.
Anyone interested in joining me on this passionate pursuit?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen.