Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Steps of Faith #16

Steps of Faith

What are you believing God for?

Do you trust God enough to take Him at His word?

Not only for your neighbor or friend..., but for you?

Saturday Steps of Faith is our opportunity to publicly claim His promises for our lives. It is the place where we believe God for things great and small.

Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. Jeremiah 32:17

I wonder how often I tie the hands of the Lord with my unbelief? Unbelief that leaves me stagnant and still instead of moving forward. Though I consider myself to be a woman of deep faith, someone who takes God at His Word; I still have many more miles of steps of faith to take.

I have to wonder if sometimes I am like the father of the boy whose son was possessed by an evil spirit who was desperate for an answer to his greatest need. He boldly brought his son to Jesus only to say, "But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." Jesus responded,

" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:23-24

Father, I know that EVERYTHING is possible in You! I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief. I want my walk to match my talk; knowing, believing, trusting, confessing, walking by faith. In the name of my Savior, Jesus I ask believing ~ Amen

How about you? Will you please join me?

Leave a comment or write a post.All you need to do is copy the button located on the left sidebar. Paste it into your post. Next write down the promise from the Word of God you are taking a step of faith and believing. Maybe it's one you have stood upon in the past. Last, come back here and link up with Mr.Linky. It's that easy.


4 comments:

Brook said...

Thank you so much for the reminder from Mark 9 about unbelief. I am off to study this passage a bit before I dig into Me, Myself and Lies.

I hope you had a great week and that your son had a wonderful time at camp!

Yolanda said...

I love how we go from "anything is possible" to EVERYTHING is possible.

I'm believing God for the salvation of my Dad and siblings.

Love,
Yolanda

Beth Herring said...

Believing God for continuing to grow me in Him.

Believing with you too Yolanda!

LisaShaw said...

As I lay here today not feeling very well physically I was deeply blessed in this message Lisa.

Everything, anything is possible with GOD. Praise His Name.

Lots of love.