Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday #20

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

It's Thankful Thursday and I am again joining Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey. Click on the button above and feel free to join in with 5 items of Thanksgiving.

  1. Thank You God for Jonathan's connection with the Youth at our church. From a kid who didn't want to go to camp to a kid threatening to walk 40 miles to church if I didn't take him last night. He stayed 45 minutes after youth group talking and the first words out of his mouth in the car were, "I love my church". Only God can be given the glory!
  2. Thank You God that my hope is in you. The spinal cord stimulator Randy had implanted on Monday has not been what we hoped for. They will be removing it on Friday. I thank God that He has a plan and that He will never leave us without hope. He is our hope!
  3. Thank You God for leading me to a peaceful place on the Morse Reservoir last night for my quiet time. It was such a beautiful night to spend alone in your Word.
  4. Thank You God for hearing my prayers and answering. Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. But always hearing and answering with what is best.
  5. Thank You God for for the truth that you speak over me and to me.

7 comments:

SusanD said...

Thank you so much for your prayer over my travels.

Great list. How wonderful to see the heart change toward God in our youth. That's just plain exciting.

Blessings, SusanD

Deb said...

Isn't just the biggest blessing when you're children can't wait to go to church!! I've been there and am praising God with you!
In Him,
Deb

Yolanda said...

Lisa,

How incredible for your son to tell you that out of his very own lips from the depth of his heart. Oh, Praise His Name!! Thank you Jonathan for telling your Momma.

I also really was blessed with your #4!

Love,
Yolanda

Beth Herring said...

SOrry to hear about Randy's implant not working right.

But Praising with you for the Lord working in Jonathan's life!

Anonymous said...

A blessing to hear from you this morning, Lisa, and again to know your thanksgiving moments as well as prayer concerns.
May the LORD bless your moments this very day. ~ linda

Samantha said...

Blessed by your list, God is so good !

LisaShaw said...

I pray for God's divine intervention for Randy dear sister.

Praise the Lord for your son!

Blessings and peace!