Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Steps of Faith #33

Steps of Faith
What are you believing God for?

Do you trust God enough to take Him at His word?
Not only for your neighbor or friend..., but for you?

Saturday Steps of Faith
is our opportunity to publicly claim His promises for our lives. It is the place where we believe God for things great and small.

This past week has been a very full one. Sunday afternoon I headed to Indianapolis to spend the night with a girlfriend before beginning a heavily scheduled week of work in the Home Office.

Each morning began with three hours of training as the instructor literally read to us from a 6 inch binder describing the inner workings of a computer language I need to learn. As you can imagine it was thrilling.

Each afternoon for three and a half hours I led a group of Systems Analysts and Business partners through the steps of defining a new credit card application for our Payment Entry System.


For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with
power through his Spirit in your inner being,
so that Christ may dwell
in your hearts through faith.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:14-21

How can I do the things that I do? It's all God my friend! It's all Him! I didn't finish college but instead got married to a man in ministry at the age of 19. And yet God had a plan for my life that included great opportunities.

With His hand guiding me, I have been able to accomplish things I never would have dreamed of even trying. With His strength I have endured and grown through trying times. With His love I have been fully established and my feet have been set firm. With Him leading and guiding, all things are possible.

This one thing I do know, no matter what my future may hold, I trust the One who holds my future. He is so worthy! He is a loving Father! I am believing in Him.

How about you? What are you believing God for this week? Will you join me?

• Leave a comment or write a post.
• Copy the button located on the left sidebar and paste it into your post.
• Next write down the promise from the Word of God you are taking a step of faith and believing. • Last, come back here and link up with MckLinky. It's that easy.


7 comments:

Beth Herring said...

I love that God is the God of the impossible.!

Brook said...

Wow...I hope you slept well at night so you didn't sleep through your mornings! :)

Isn't it awesome when God uses you in ways you would never have dreamed or imagined?

Praying for continued teaching, stretching and learning for you not only in the ways of God, but in ways to be used by Him for His glory.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, Lisa, all things are possible. When we can look back and over our lives and see what God has done in and through us, we are amazed. The thought that creeps into this thought is that for so long we thought it was all about us...how much we did! How many see only themselves this day. I pray that our eyes will remain clearly focused on the One Who does it all!
love you, ~ linda

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

I am blessed this week that God is showng Himself in Mighty ways to me. He is speaking clearly, and showing me where He is at work, and inviting me to join Him.
Joyfully,
Wylie

Edie said...

Wow Lisa. You have no idea how God just used you to encourage me just now. Thank you.

Best wishes in the blog makeover give-away. Announcement tomorrow!

Nana Jul said...

Thank you once again for stretching this girl! Out of sync yesterday, but back instep today! Giving it all to Him!
So glad you are home!
Love
Julie

Jackie said...

I love that He is able to do immeasurable more than I ask or imagine according to His power that is at work in me!! It's all Him!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie