Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday #3

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

It's that time of the week again where we come together for Thankful Thursday hosted by Sonya. It's been another week of tremendous blessings, but I'm only allowed 5. So here we go:

  1. After 4 months of being virtually bed-ridden, Randy has had 3 days of no back pain! Words cannot adequately express the joy and thanksgiving bubbling up in my heart. We don't call Him the Great Physician for nothing! God still heals!
  2. Tonight at dinner I opened up my fortune cookie and it said, "You hold the wisdom of the ages in your hands." I don't know what they were referring to..., but every time I take my Bible and open it up I am doing just that! Thank You God for the wisdom you share with me every day.
  3. This week I have reconnected with friends I haven't seen or heard from in 20 years. How fun to rekindle friendships and see the different paths that God has led us down. It's a blessing to see the legacy of faith that is being passed from generation to generation. Thank You God!
  4. I am so thankful for my sister (or my "much older sister" as I like to call her). Growing up we shared a room and on occasion I could be a bit of a brat. But once we were both married and out of the house, our friendship began to bloom. There is no one I respect and love more than Melani. She is the picture of a godly wife and mother and I am in awe of her.
  5. I am so grateful for my job. I have worked for the same company for 21 years, the last 7 1/2 from at home in my pajamas. I always wanted to be a stay at home mom, but good health insurance was a must. God gave me the best of both worlds. He is so good to us!
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15
Blessings - Lisa

6 comments:

Beth Herring said...

I love this list of thankfulness. I want to work in my pajamas, too!!

Praise God for his healing power. I am so glad that Randy has been pain free.

Aren't sisters great? I have one sister and one "little" brother.

Have a great night! Tomorrow is my daughter Ashlie's 4-d ultrasound. I am going with her and I'll be sharing pics!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Thankful that Randy is finally having some good days! Thankful that you take the time to list your blessings on Thursday! And thankful that I have found your blog! It's always such an encouragement to me!

(I have added your blog link as one of my favorites on my sidebar)

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Lisa
As always you continue to speak volumes with your tender words of never give up.

I will be travelig to Israel on Saturday,I will keep up with your posts!

Blessings
Pat
Sydney Australia

Yolanda said...

He is so good to us. Amen Lisa, Amen!

Are we good to Him? Lovingly, Yolanda

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

What a fabulous list!! I also have an older sister who I am now very close with! God is good. Loved sharing in that with you!

Sonya

Melani said...

We should all have a thankful list and add too it daily. I am very thankful for a wonderful, loving sister whom I have always looked up to and I thank God daily that he gave me her as my special gift. GOD IS GOOD
From you much older sister.....