Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday #6

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey
I missed Thankful Thursday last week, so I'm glad to be joining Sonya once again. Here are my five for today:
  1. Thank You God for giving me sight. It's something I take for granted on most days. But on a day like today where the sun is shining and the birds are singing, I just can't help but to stop and take it all in.
  2. Thank You God for providing for my every need. I know I list this often but in today's economy, without God's blessings where would I be.
  3. Thank You God for the small ways I see you moving in my present situation. If I stop and look at the open road before me, it can at times be daunting. And yet I see the steps that you took with me yesterday and today. I know that you will be walking with me tomorrow - leading, encouraging, carrying me if necessary. Thank you for directing my steps.
  4. Thank You for keeping things running every day in our home. Our furnace, appliances, cars, day after day doing the work they were ordained to do. Thank you for keeping them in working order.
  5. Thank You God that in 15 days I'll be home for the first time in over a year. So many hugs to give. So many hugs to get. Family and friends to catch up with. Joy to be shared. There's no place like home!

8 comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Love your list. Especially #2. Have fun when you go home:)

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I'm thankful for your Thankful Thursdays! They make me happy to read them!

I'm thankful for all God has done for me, too!

God bless!
Marilyn

Tea with Tiffany said...

Enjoy your family trip coming up soon. Thankful for sight too. The birds are extra happy lately with our springlike weather.

Mary Moss said...

Lisa, your #3 certainly resonates with me. I also liked #4. Hey, are you sure this isn't MY list?! LOL

Yolanda said...

Blessings galore!

LisaShaw said...

Precious Sister, enjoy your time with your family. That is SO important. Love you and thanks for sharing your special list.

I'm thankful to know you.

Kari Dana said...

What a great list. Such wonderful reminders. We have so many blessings that we inadvertently take for granted. I can't remember the last time I thanked God for my sight.

Thank you, and may God continue to shower you with His blessings!
:)

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This is an exhilerating list! I love your approach to going home - so many hugs to give! May God bless you with a wonderful reunion with your family and friends.

God Bless,
Sonya