Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Flourishing Faith & Hope




Do you realize that there are many olive trees in Israel that are 1600-2000 years old that are still producing fruit?


King David in Psalm 52 says these words,

8 But I am like an olive tree
flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God's unfailing love
for ever and ever.

9 I will praise you forever for what you have done;
in your name I will hope, for your name is good.
I will praise you in the presence of your saints.


Like an olive tree, David's roots ran very deep. Since he was a young boy, he learned to love God. His faith was a faith that had stood the test of time. As trials would come, he knew who he could trust - his faithful God.

When he was alone in the fields and longing for company, worship would lead him into the throne room of Heaven where he would find sweet fellowship with His God.

When he a lion was stalking the sheep in his care, David found strength that could only come from the Lord as he turned the predator into prey.

When he was tired from the long journey and longing for home, David found peace in the midst of a restless night. It was the kind of peace that passes all understanding, a true gift from a loving God.

David could stand firmly upon his faith and say, "I will trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever". His was a faith that was tried and true. He knew that deep down inside, he was just a lowly shepherd boy who found himself sitting on the throne of Israel. If any praise was to be given, it ALL belonged to the Lord. For only He was and is worthy of praise.

David knew that his only hope in life was in the mighty, matchless, merciful name of God. Armies would rise and armies would fall. But our God - Jehovah is the same yesterday, today and forever. He alone is worthy of our praise!

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7

Father, my hope is in You and You alone! May my roots run deep and my faith flourish as I trust in your unfailing love today, tomorrow and forever. I praise you with my whole heart as I reflect on all that you have done in my life. In the presence of the Saints today I praise you! Bravo God! Bravo! You are my hope!

6 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Our GOd is indeed mighty and merciful. I am so thankful that He has had patience with me as I learn to put my faith and hope in Him in ALL things!

Praise Jesus, I am a work in progress.

Beth

Heather C said...

Amen! He is worthy of all my praise! Hallelujah!

Yolanda said...

Oh Lisa, I love how God is showing HIMSELF STRONG in the blog world with our hearts and that we recognize that He alone gets the glory!

Bravo God, Bravo!


Love to you,
Yolanda

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Amen, Beautiful post:)

Unknown said...

May all our roots go deep into the unfailing hope that is our God!

Rejoicing in His truths!

Shalom,
Denise

Crown of Beauty said...

Wow, very ancient olive trees and still producing fruit. It is true, the kind of roots we have will make the difference in the fruits of our lives.

Yes, I agree with Yolanda...God alone be honored and glorified as we write what's on our hearts, and as we give comments.

But I thank God for you, for the work that He is dong in you and through you. You are deep and perceptive. I thank God that through you He can share His heart to us.