Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday #28

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey
It's Thankful Thursday and I am again joining Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey once again. Click on the button above and feel free to join in with 5 items of Thanksgiving.

  1. Thank You God for my sista-friend Laura. Her smile. Her hugs. Her joy for life. The way she makes every person feel like they are the most important person in the world. She is moving to Michigan in a matter of days. Thank You Lord for knitting our hearts together as forever friends in Christ.
  2. Thank You God for Your chastening Spirit. When our passion is not as passionate as it was the day before, or the day before that, you gently whisper your words of love into my ear and remind me I am missed. Thank You for loving and pursuing me.
  3. Thank You God for the continued health of my family. Randy continues to be a miracle and Jonathan has evaded all of the new school year bugs. Thank You God for your healing hand.
  4. Thank You God for providing for our every need. An entire year with only one paycheck and every bill has been paid on time. Thank You for making the 5 loaves and 2 fish more than just a Bible Story, but a real life testimony of your faithfulness in our lives.
  5. Thank You God for abiding joy. Walking with You. Talking with You. The fellowship of Your Spirit brings such joy. What an amazing God!

How about you? What are you thankful for?


8 comments:

Deb said...

I can so well identify with #4. We've been there several times over the years and just to watch God stretch those dollars...sometimes pennies....is awesome and humbling!
HUGS!!
Deb

Unknown said...

Oh! You made me cry...sweet tears of remembrance. My earthly father example has not taught me constancy and stability...and it is hard for me to truly grasp that GOD IS constant...and He misses me. Thank you...your posts are so touching and blessing to my spirit! :)

Yolanda said...

Lisa,

Don't you just love "joy"?

You bless me so!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Beth Herring said...

I love all your thankful list! You are precious and I am glad that I am your bloggy friend!

Lisa Smith said...

I'm so thankful for God's provision in your life and your beautiful testimony, Lisa. Your thankful heart has encouraged me today :)

Grammy said...

Many blessing to you. What a wonderful list.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I was about to begin with your gratefulness for God's chastening spirit (as I am thankful for that too, even though it is hard at the moment!), but your list continued to just keep my mouth open, Lisa. God truly has blessed you and your family. He knows our every need. We need to DEPEND upon Him and ASK. You have done both and He has been right with you. Praise Him.

May your day be a blessing to others as it has to me. Loving you and praying for you and your family, ~ linda

Heather C said...

Wonderful blessings... thank you for sharing how the Lord has been blessing your heart. Today I'm thankful for a three-day weekend and some extra time to spend in the Word! Wooooohoooo!