Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday #29

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey
It's Thankful Thursday and I am again joining Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey once again. Click on the button above and feel free to join in with 5 items of Thanksgiving.

  1. Thank You God for Great Bible Teachers. What a privilege to be able to pick up a book or a study and glean truth found in the Word of God.
  2. Thank You God for my job. It not only provides for our needs, it provides me with an opportunity to share your love and grace with those who have yet come to know you.
  3. Thank You God for our Pastor and Staff. October is Pastor appreciation month and I thank God for our Pastor, each Associate Pastor and their wives. They work so very hard to lead and to serve and to share. Bless them Lord in a special way.
  4. Thank You God for Your perfect timing. I waited and prayed. It was in Your time, not mine. And now I can see Your timing was perfect. Thank You for teaching me this lesson once again.
  5. Thank You God for the great year Jonathan is having in school. All A's with one B in Art. Thank You for giving him great teachers who inspire and challenge him to live up to his potential.

How about you? What are you thankful for?


10 comments:

Mary Moss said...

Lisa, I've been observing God's perfect timing in my own life lately. What an amazing God we worship!

Deb said...

I especially love your #4...if I could just learn to wait for God's timing....
HUGS!!
Deb

Greg C said...

I knew about #3 but keep forgetting to say something to a pastor friend of mine. I am with you on #5. Life is good when the children are doing well in school. Great list.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

You have so much to be thankful for!!

selahV said...

I'm thankful for your Networked icon that allowed me to follow your blog from Facebook.

If we would realize that waiting for God's timing is always in our best interest, we wouldn't be so impatient. Ahh...the wait. Most women don't even give themselves time to take a break from their day and have a cup of peach tea with honey. And we wonder why we get antsy for God to move on our timetables. Blessed be the patient, for they will find time along their journey. selahV

GranthamLynn said...

Lisa what a great list. I think we can all relate to waiting on God's timing. I am thankful today for wonderful Bible study leaders. We are so blessed to be able to learn, study and worship.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a Blessed Day,
Sherry

Unknown said...

What a beautiful list! God is wonderful and all mighty!

Nana Jul said...

God has AWESOME timing!! And I'm thankful for the Pastors and teachers he's placed in my life for my journey!! He's Amazing!
Great, great thankful list!
Love,
Julie

Beth Herring said...

Great list! I love pastor appreciation - perhaps that's because my husband is the pastor! Ha!

Love to you friend,

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you! love you, Debbie