Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday Steps of Faith #12

Steps of Faith

What are you believing God for?

Do you trust God enough to take Him at His word? Not only for your neighbor or friend..., but for you?

Saturday Steps of Faith is our opportunity to publicly claim His promises for our lives. It is the place where we believe God for things great and small.

The promise I am believing this week is Psalm 3:5

Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

When I think of the word flawless, what comes to mind is a beautiful, sparkling, clear, diamond. A flawless diamond when sold at auction can be worth millions of dollars. And yet when compared to the value of the Word of God..., in my life - priceless.

Every word of God - flawless. There is no cloudiness, only clarity. There are no flaws, only perfection. It stands on its own merits. Nothing needs to be added or taken away. Flawless!

When I take the word of God and hide it deep within my heart, it becomes a shield of faith. I can believe it. I can stand upon it. It becomes my refuge from the fiery darts of the evil one. When Satan whispers in my ear that I am all alone, I respond with the Word of God,
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the
LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deut. 31:6


I praise you God for your flawless Word. I thank you that it has become my shield and refuge. It is sharper than a double edged sword and far more precious than diamonds or gold. You are my God in whom I trust. I choose to believe your Word, no matter what the circumstance, no matter what I may see with my eyes. I believe You God!

How about you? Will you please join me? Leave a comment or write a post.

All you need to do is copy the button located on the left sidebar. Paste it into your post. Next write down the promise from the Word of God you are taking a step of faith and believing. Maybe it's one you have stood upon in the past. Last, come back here and link up with Mr. Linky. It's that easy.

What are you believing God for?





4 comments:

Yolanda said...

Lisa, I so enjoy your heart and your walk with Christ Jesus. I would have to say perhaps what I'm believing God for in the "current" is simply for when I begin to head for unbelief, that He would increase my faith and that I would ALWAYS earnestly seek Him.

Love ya

valerie said...

I am going to youth camp (a very large youth camp in Oklahoma) this week as a sponsor/cook for 58 people. We are taking 48 kids. I'm believing God for a wonderful week filled with God's protection, provision & peace. I'm praying that those kids who have so much going on in their lives right now will feel the Holy Spirit so strong and mighty in their lives this week. I'm believing they will come to know the Lord in a whole new way. I'm believing God to change lives forever.
Our group will leave for camp on Monday and return Saturday.
I'd appreciate your prayers. Thanks!
God bless!
Valerie
Mark 5:36 "Only believe!"

Beth Herring said...

Oh yes sweet Lisa! My Lord is flawless indeed! I just love that comparison to a perfect diamond. He is flawless and because of the we can stand before him without fault.

Praise Him for you!

Crown of Beauty said...

I love the way you talked about the word of God being flawless. Wow... it does build up my faith to remember this important quality of God's word.

Thank you for your encouraging words on my recent post. In this difficult season of my life, where it seems that I am on an emotional see saw ride... one day I feel that I'm moving on, and the next day, I can't stop the tears from flowing... the flawless word of God is my only source of comfort and stability.

Thank you for opening up your heart.

Love
Lidj